I love my job.
Here is why:
1) I get paid to do one of my favorite things ever: Talk about how much I love Coe.
2) Everyday, I meet awesome prospective students and their families. Every family has an interesting story to share and I am so lucky to be able to hear them all.
3) Through touring and coordinating visits, I have met an abundance of Coe faculty and staff who work in areas I am not routinely involved in. They are always so friendly and helpful - it has been wonderful getting to know such a variety of professors and coaches.
4) Everyday I come into work I get to practice and develop communication skills that will help me in future professional settings.
5) The people I get to work with in the Office are absolutely wonderful. Everyone is so fun and energetic, intelligent and dedicated, and, most importantly, share my deep love for Coe College.
6) Food is never hard to find when you work in the Admissions Office. Twice a semester all the work study students are surprised with a huge food day. The entire office brings in homemade dishes, desserts and snacks to share with us and make sure we get unnecessary amounts of sugar to fuel us for the rest of the semester.
7) Working with so many great people has provided me with endless connections. Whether I'm looking for future jobs, internships or simply need restaurant recommendations, someone in the Admissions Office is ready, willing and excited to help me out.
8) And finally, working in Admissions means spending two hours every Monday and Wednesday with the one and only Cinnamon Moore... what more could I want?
|Spending quality time with Cinnamon during our work|
shift is one of my favorite parts of every week.
Lots of love,